Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!!!!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Hollywood Sewalong - The Notebook Part 2

 







After watching the movie several times and wiping away my tears, I had to concentrate on the fashion of the 1940's from this great movie, #The Notebook.   I'm taking part on this Sewalong and I was inspired my the pretty colors of blues, bright greens, purples, and great reds!  Even the black and white popped out at me!


When I went shopping for fabric, I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to make.  Only that it was either going to be a skirt and blouse or a dress.  As I walked down the rows of fabric, I came across some beautiful fabric.  It was so hard to decide, I became confused and decided just to go home with nothing in my hands.



That night I watched the movie again and I just fell in 
love with this scene.




So the next day I went out to shop for fabric.  
This time I knew what I was looking for!   
Red and white polkadot
 fabric and I found it!!!! My goal is to 
finish the dress
 by May 2nd, my birthday,  
that way I can wear it on 
the 3rd of May (date night)!

 Please come visit me again for the 
The Big Reveal, May 5th, 2014!

Thank You for visiting!


Click on the link below to visit the original five members who put this challenge together! 


 Remember, it's not to late to take part on this #Sewalong!!!!  You can still watch the movie and come up with something beautiful before May 5th, 2014.  Come join the fun!!




He Has Made Everything Beautiful In Its Time.  
Ecclesiastes 3:11  

6 comments:

Krystal said...

I have always thought that I was born in the wrong era. 20's-30's for me. I love the style. Great Post

inchworming said...

Thanks Krystal and Amy!!! @Amy, you would look great in it too!!! You could be casted as Rachel McAdam (Allie)!

Anita said...

Oh loved this idea! I always want to do a sewalong but I always end up being too busy! A red polka dot dress like the one she wears in the movie will be amazing.

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to see the reveal :) I love red and white polka dots. Really I can't tell you how excited I am ;)

inchworming said...

Thanks Anita!!! Well, if you have time in your schedule I sure hope you join in the fun!!

inchworming said...

Thanks Megan! I'm cutting into my fabric tonight! So I can be ready to start sewing tomorrow!! Whoohoo!!!