Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!!!!

Friday, January 31, 2014

14 Days of Pampering for Valentine's Day and Great Ideas- Part 1










It's almost Valentine's Day, and it's time to pamper yourself, whether you have a man in your life or not!  This is for you.  With the new year well on it's way, lets get in gear and start a beauty regiment for the next 14 days.  If you have little ones, involve them too.  I'll give you a few cute ideas later.

Okay, are you ready!! The first day, today, we will be taking inventory with ourselves.  Take a pad of paper, a mirror,  a calendar and something to write with.  That's all you need for the first day.  Stand in front of the mirror and examine your hair.  You might need to color your hair and get it cut .  Maybe your hair feels dry.  Write it on your pad of paper.  Next look at your hands and feet.  Most likely you'll need a fresh coat of nail polish on both your hands and feet just before Valentine's Day.  I could use a pedicure to get those heels nice and smooth!  Our hands always take a beaten with sewing, crafting, doing the dishes, cleaning and so much more.  You will then be looking at your face and take note of what you see.  Is your skin dry, oily or do you have combination skin?  Have you been working hard and not getting enough sleep, so you notice dark circles under your eyes.  Write it down on your pad of paper. Take one more look in the mirror and say, "I'm beautiful!" Write it on a your pad of paper! I'm beautiful!!! I deserved to be pampered!!!




Each day I have shared a tip or two on how you can pamper yourself for Valentine's Day.  Okay, ladies, you know that we don't need an excuse to make ourselves feel beautiful and to be good to ourselves, but it sure is great to have one!  

Most of these pampering ideas will be DIY.  I can't cut my own hair so for that I will leave it up to my hair dresser.  Some of your days will be different then mine.  Just remember to swap it with another day. 

Don't get sad, if your man is away, your single, or you feel like you don't have the money to spend.  Maybe you feel like you have no reason to pamper yourself.  That is simply not true.  When you do meet that special someone, I would think you would be attractive   You deserve it!!  If money is tight, most of these ideas are DIY with items we already have at home.  Besides, you don't have to do them all.  Pick and choose what works for you!!!

Get some of your girlfriends together and have them over.  Plan a movie night, a pot luck dinner, game night or maybe just have wine with the girls and enjoy a few appetizers with your friends.   If it's just you and the kids, bake cookies.  Make cards for the Grandparents.  If you're alone that night make plans to going shopping, or buy some pretty fabric to make some pajamas!!


Day 2    Today and everyday lotion up. In the morning after you
              shower and before you hit the sack.  Target your face, 
              neck, hands/arms,  legs and feet.  We want our skin to be
              soft! I use a different lotion for my face then I do for my
              body.

Day3      Schedule your hair appointment to have it colored and cut
               for whatever day works for you.  I color my own hair but,
               I do need it cut by someone, so this will take two
               different days.  Also, make an appointment with yourself
               to do your nails and pedicure.  Mark it on your calendar!
               Don't forget to lotion up twice a day!!!  

Day 4     Drink more water!  Add at least  2-8 ounces of water to
               your day.  I find it hard to drink water so I make a light 
               tea in the evening before bed.  A light tea means I dunk
               my tea bag 3-4 times in my cup of hot water just enough
               to give the water some color.  Do this everyday!! It's 
               important to hydrate the skin!!! Lotion up!







   

No comments: